As you age, your teeth are exposed to foods and drinks that stain them. Though your teeth may be perfectly healthy, they can appear damaged and make you look older. Fortunately, if you have deep stains or want to achieve a brighter smile quickly, Park West Dental in Idaho Falls, ID has teeth-whitening options that can help you acquire a beautiful, youthful-looking, bright smile.
Types of Tooth Stains
Tooth stains fall into two categories: extrinsic and intrinsic. Extrinsic stains are the yellow and brown stains that occur on the surface of your teeth. Intrinsic stains occur inside your teeth, making them appear gray or blue. Some surface stains can be removed with whitening toothpastes and over-the-counter teeth-whitening kits. However, these approaches are limited and can be painful or can cause tooth and gum sensitivities. Professional-grade products are needed to remove deeper extrinsic and intrinsic stains and to treat individuals with sensitive teeth and gums.
Professional Teeth-Whitening Options
There are several approaches to teeth bleaching that Idaho Falls, ID dentists, Drs. Drake and Jacobson, can use to help you whiten your smile by eight to 14 shades in a short amount of time.
- In-office teeth bleaching: During your office visit, Drs. Drake and Jacobson will apply to your teeth the teeth-bleaching agent, typically in the form of a gel. Standard visits last 90 minutes.
- At-home teeth bleaching: Drs. Drake and Jacobson will provide you with a teeth-bleaching gel and a mouthguard to put it in that has been customized to your bite. They will then assign a teeth-bleaching regimen for you to follow. Results typically take a little longer than the in-office option; however, the process takes place within the comfort and convenience of your own home. It typically takes 10 to 14 days to achieve the desired results with this method.
Want to Learn More? See Our Printable Brochure:
Our Whitening System
We use the following teeth-bleaching system to help you achieve a bright white smile:
KöR® Deep Bleaching:
This treatment will give you your brightest smile. Using custom-fit, specially fabricated whitening trays that seal in the bleaching agent, Drs. Drake and Jacobson can complete your treatment in just two visits. The trays are designed to protect your gum area so that there is no irritation.
Benefits of KöR® Deep Bleaching
- Beautiful, healthy and natural looking white result
- Effective on dark stained teeth
- Little to no sensitivity
- Comfortable, easy process
- No need to give up coffee, tea, or red wine
- Permanent results- white teeth for your lifetime!
- Entirely safe for teeth and gums
- Perfect for ages 14-90